Tue Jan 15, 2019 AT 1:21 PM EST
No Democrats will attend a lunch on Tuesday with President Donald Trump designed to reach an agreement to end the government shutdown and fund a border wall, the White House said.
Trump had invited several moderate House Democrats to the White House in an effort to undermine Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who has refused to grant Trump his demand for $5.7 billion in wall funding. But the group turned down the invitation.
“Today, the president offered both Democrats and Republicans the chance to meet for lunch at the White House. Unfortunately, no Democrats will attend,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. Read Full Story at The Hill
· Washington Examiner: Another Caravan Heading for the US-Mexico Border
· The Daily Caller: Trump Questions Why Nancy Pelosi Collects Her Pay When Federal Workers Go Without
· The Washington Free Beacon: Appearance on Nation of Islam Radio Show Now Set to Lead Hate Group Investigation
· Townhall: Another Job Boom Proves Trump’s Critics Wrong Again
· Mediaite: John Sununu Trashes Ocasio-Cortez: ‘Quantitatively Illiterate’ Millennial